Saturday, October 01, 2005

Childhood hero

Last night when I was relaxing in the bed, all of a sudden, I heard a lot of noise. However, I could clearly hear what people around were talking.

“Should not let such guys go. Let us bash him”, Said one.

“Let us take him to police; else he would become a big criminal tomorrow. Rogue…!” said the other.

Assuming something serious must have happened I rushed outside, only to find a small kid with a book in hand, surrounded by many ‘prudent’ individuals bashing him.

He would not be more than eight. I stopped them and asked,”What has happened?” They said, “This rascal from slum has stolen this book.”

Looking at the book that was almost torn, I was surprised and asked him “Hey didn’t you find anything else better?”

He did not reply, as I asked him again, he mumbled with tears, “*Anna, tomorrow is Gandhi Jayanthi, I always wanted to have one photo of him. As I saw his photo in this book, I just took this to have a closer look at it; I did not intend to run away with this.”

There was no face then, leave alone noise.

*Anna - Brother in Tamil

7 Comments:

Blogger சிவா said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 AM  
Blogger சிவா said...

நடராஜன், நல்லா எழுதியிருக்கீங்க. தமிழ்ல எழுதினா இன்னும் நல்லா வரும்.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nandri Siva. Naanum athai thaan niniethen.

Karuthukaluku Nandri.

Anbudan,
Nata

1:34 PM  
Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

Good thoughts !!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was that a real incident ?!

pitty !!!

-
செந்தில்/Senthil

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Senthil,

Thanks for your time and comments.
This is not a real incident. But many of us behave in the same way in different situations in assessing the poor's credibility.

Anbudan,
Nata

3:53 AM  
Blogger Sai Educare said...

Namaste,

I came to your blog as I accidentally visited your friend's blog 'Maithreem bhajatam'. I am impressed and positively happy to know that all the Indian Youth is not confused as my recent visits to India really disappointed me to some extent and the blogs I come across and the discussions I see even more. I am really happy to see your blogs and your interests. You have mentioned that the story that you wrote was not real incident. Still I agree completely as we have seen many beating a boy for steeling a piece of bread due to hunger, while we do not do any thing to discipline our own when they even steel or hurt others. The feeling of mine and other is what is the BIGGEST issues that leads us to the prejudice. Please keep up the good work. God bless.
with regards,
Jayashree Tatavarti

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home